GARNELENHAUS - ONLINESHOP
GLASGARTEN - Environment Aquarium Soil
AQUA DESIGN AMANO (ADA)

Problems with Caridina Woltereckae

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Problems with Caridina Woltereckae

Hello from Singapore,

Sorry I don't speak German so I'm using Google Translate for everything. I apologise if this thread is created in the wrong section of the forum.

I started keeping Caridina Dennerlis about 4months ago in a tank with lava rock substrate (inert) and remineralising RODI water to 140 TDS/218 microsiemens with Salty Shrimp's Sulawesi Mineral 8.5. I started out with 20 dennerlis and now have about 70-80. The tank is filtered with sponge filters and an Eheim 2211 canister filter full of purigen.

A few days ago, I saw Harlequin shrimp on sale in my local fish store and bought 20 of them, the store said that the shrimp were locally bred and not wild caught, I tested the water of the tank the shrimp were in and it was 128 TDS. I drip acclimated them over 6 hours (1 drop of water/second) but they have been dying every day since. I currently have 7 of them left and would like to know if it's a problem with the TDS of my water? I asked in a Singaporean Facebook group and they told me to remineralise the water to a higher TDS, but I'm unsure if doing so would be harmful for my colony of dennerlis.

My water parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate, and I have been feeding sparingly with Glasgarten's Bacter AE once a week. There is plenty of greenish algae on all the rocks in my tank, as well as a red filmy algae that grows on the walls.

Thank you.